Orange & Blackberry Panther Tart Recipe
I took this wonderful tart into school for a potluck that we had during homecoming. I work with 4th graders and we typically eat at staggered times starting with kindergarten and working our way up to 4th grade. Buy the time I got in there to eat lunch, my tart was gone but there was a nice note left telling me how good it was.Dianna Wara, Washington, Illinois
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 package (8 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 3 cups fresh blackberries
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 cup white baking chips
- 1/2 teaspoon shortening
- 1/4 teaspoon apple pie spice
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 12-in. circle. Transfer to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and marmalade. Spread over the pastry to within 1-1/4 in. of edges. Top with blackberries to within 1 in. of cream cheese edge. Fold up edges of pastry over filling, leaving center uncovered.
- In a small bowl, combine the nuts, sugar, flour and butter; sprinkle over blackberries. Bake at 400° for 35-40 minutes or until crust is golden and filling is bubbly. Using the parchment paper, slide tart onto a wire rack to cool.
- In a microwave, melt baking chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Stir in apple pie spice. Drizzle over tart. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Orange & Blackberry Panther Tart in Taste of Home Winning Recipes 3 2012, p268
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Orange & Blackberry Panther Tart(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Blackberry Pie Recipes >
- Blackberry Pies >
- Blackberry Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Fruit Tart Recipes >
- Halloween Desserts >
- Halloween Party Recipes >
- Halloween Recipes >
- Macadamia Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >