Open-Faced Veggie Sandwiches for Two
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 teaspoons spicy brown or horseradish mustard
- 2 English muffins, split
- 1/4 cup each chopped fresh broccoli, cauliflowerets and sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Spread mustard over cut sides of muffins halves. Top each with
- vegetables and cheese. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 3 minutes or
- until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2 muffin halves equals 244 calories, 9 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 484 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 12 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 high-fat meat.