Open-Faced Turkey Tacos Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (16 ounces) fat-free refried beans
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 10 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, chopped
- 10 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- 1. In a large skillet, cook turkey and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add beans and salsa; cook and stir until heated through. Spread 1/2 cup turkey mixture over each tortilla. Top with lettuce, tomatoes, peppers and sour cream. Yield: 10 servings.
1 taco equals 265 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 674 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 16 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Open-Faced Turkey Tacos
"Instead of refried beans (which I loathe), I used Black Beans. I cooked both the turkey, onion and peppers along with chili powder, cumin, and oregano. then followed the rest of the directions. Was tasty!"
"These were really good. I used ground beef instead of turkey since I don't like the texture of ground turkey."
"Good - but my DH and I wanted to kick up the spice so we used refried beans w/ jalepeno pepper and also added taco seasoning. With these additions it was wonderful!"
"Sounds very good, look forward to trying it"