In Oakdale, California, Tiffany Mouren uses a flavorful garlic spread to give Italian flair to her warm turkey sandwiches. Mozzarella cheese melted on top adds a fast final touch to the open-faced rolls.
Recommended: 47 Sweet and Savory Snacks For Your TV Marathon
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Dash pepper
- 4 sandwich rolls, split
- 1 pound thinly sliced deli turkey
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a skillet, saute the onion, garlic and Italian seasoning in oil. Add parsley, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and pepper; spread on cut sides of rolls. Top with turkey; sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Open-Faced Turkey Sandwiches in Quick Cooking January/February 2000, p39
Reviews for Open-Faced Turkey Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review