Open-Faced Tuna Melts Recipe
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chopped celery
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
- 2 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 4 slices tomato
- 2 tablespoons shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; stir in tuna. Spread over each bun half; top with a tomato slice. Sprinkle with cheese.
- 2. Place on a baking sheet. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes or until lightly browned and cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
2 each: 276 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 833mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 28g protein.
Reviews for Open-Faced Tuna Melts
"Great taste. I plan on filling a broiler pan and putting them out for a brunch. Easy to do after the eggs are out of the oven."
"My husband and I both loved this recipe. It has already become a favorite quick weekday meal."
"Perfect light dinner for a summer evening!"
"I will try this recipe again, except I will add some pickle relish and a little mayo. It was very dry and lacked flavor. I think the pickle relish of just the juice will help the flavor"
"These were great and I don't usually like tuna. I doubled the recipe and ended up with about 8 half sandwiches."