Open-Faced Tuna Melts Recipe
Casting about for a way to get your family to eat more fish? These simple open-faced sandwiches are rich in healthy omega-3 oils and flavor! “I’ve enjoyed this recipe for 20 years and usually serve it for Sunday lunch.” Alice Strapp-Meister - New Ross, NS
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chopped celery
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
- 2 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 4 slices tomato
- 2 tablespoons shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; stir in tuna. Spread over each bun half; top with a tomato slice. Sprinkle with cheese.
- 2. Place on a baking sheet. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes or until lightly browned and cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
2 sandwich halves equals equals 276 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 833 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 28 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC