Open-Faced Tuna Burgers Recipe
One of my gang's favorite sandwiches is this burger. The kids prefer the zesty salad dressing to a mayonnaise base. Bits of pimiento add color. And serving the tuna on a toasted bun means no soggy bread.—Heidi Wilcox, Lapeer, Michigan
- 3 slices bread, crusts removed, cubed
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 4-1/2 teaspoons ranch salad dressing mix
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 jar (2 ounces) chopped pimientos, drained
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 1. In a large bowl, soak bread cubes in evaporated milk; let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in the salad dressing mix, tuna and pimientos. Spoon about 1/4 cup onto each bun half.
- 2. Place on a baking sheet. Broil 5-6 in. from the heat for 4 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC