Open-Faced Tuna Burgers
One of my gang's favorite sandwiches is this burger. The kids prefer the zesty salad dressing to a mayonnaise base. Bits of pimiento add color. And serving the tuna on a toasted bun means no soggy bread.—Heidi Wilcox, Lapeer, Michigan
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 slices bread, crusts removed, cubed
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 4-1/2 teaspoons ranch salad dressing mix
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 jar (2 ounces) chopped pimientos, drained
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- In a large bowl, soak bread cubes in evaporated milk; let stand for 5
- minutes. Stir in the salad dressing mix, tuna and pimientos. Spoon
- about 1/4 cup onto each bun half.
- Place on a baking sheet. Broil 5-6 in. from the heat for 4 minutes or
- until golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.