Topped with blue cheese salad dressing and a festive combination of carrots, red onion and lime juice, these warm sandwiches are a special way to welcome dinnertime.—Ms. Alicia Montalvo Pagan, New Bedford, Massachusetts
- 1 cup canned bean sprouts, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup julienned carrots
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 4 swordfish steaks (5 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 slices sourdough bread (1/2 inch thick), toasted
- 8 teaspoons fat-free blue cheese salad dressing
- In a small bowl, combine the bean sprouts, carrots and onion. Combine the lime juice, sugar and ginger; stir into vegetable mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Drizzle both sides of swordfish steaks with oil; sprinkle with salt and cayenne. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill fish, uncovered, over medium-hot heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until fish just turns opaque.
- Place a swordfish steak on each piece of toast; top with 2 teaspoons blue cheese dressing and about 1/2 cup bean sprout mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Open-Faced Swordfish Sandwiches in Light & Tasty June/July 2006, p66
Reviews for Open-Faced Swordfish Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 15, 2013
"Hi Alicia Montalvo Pagan my name is Alice Albizu i was wondering if its possible for you to email me? firstname.lastname@example.org please and thank you have to ask you a question"