Topped with blue cheese salad dressing and a festive combination of carrots, red onion and lime juice, these warm sandwiches are a special way to welcome dinnertime.—Ms. Alicia Montalvo Pagan, New Bedford, Massachusetts
- 1 cup canned bean sprouts, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup julienned carrots
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 4 swordfish steaks (5 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 slices sourdough bread (1/2 inch thick), toasted
- 8 teaspoons fat-free blue cheese salad dressing
- In a small bowl, combine the bean sprouts, carrots and onion. Combine the lime juice, sugar and ginger; stir into vegetable mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Drizzle both sides of swordfish steaks with oil; sprinkle with salt and cayenne. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill fish, uncovered, over medium-hot heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until fish just turns opaque.
- Place a swordfish steak on each piece of toast; top with 2 teaspoons blue cheese dressing and about 1/2 cup bean sprout mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Open-Faced Swordfish Sandwiches in Light & Tasty June/July 2006, p66
Reviews for Open-Faced Swordfish Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 15, 2013
"Hi Alicia Montalvo Pagan my name is Alice Albizu i was wondering if its possible for you to email me? firstname.lastname@example.org please and thank you have to ask you a question"