Open-Faced Seafood Sandwiches Recipe
Delicious seafood sandwiches are as close as your cupboard using canned crabmeat and shrimp. Arlene Kroll of Vero Beach, Florida adds fresh parsley, lemon juice and Dijon mustard to give these noontime sandwiches a fresh taste.
- 4 English muffins, split and toasted
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 can (6 ounces) lump crabmeat, drained
- 1 can (6 ounces) small shrimp, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped ripe olives
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1. Brush English muffins with butter; set aside. In a bowl, combine the crab, shrimp, 3/4 cup cheese, celery, olives and parsley. Combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice, mustard and Worcestershire sauce; pour over seafood mixture and toss to coat.
- 2. Place a rounded 1/4 cupful of the mixture on each muffin half; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Place on a baking sheet. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (2 each) equals 508 calories, 31 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 185 mg cholesterol, 1,421 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 27 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC