Open-Faced Seafood Sandwiches Recipe
- 4 English muffins, split and toasted
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 can (6 ounces) lump crabmeat, drained
- 1 can (6 ounces) small shrimp, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped ripe olives
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Brush English muffins with butter; set aside. In a bowl, combine the crab, shrimp, 3/4 cup cheese, celery, olives and parsley. Combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice, mustard and Worcestershire sauce; pour over seafood mixture and toss to coat.
- Place a rounded 1/4 cupful of the mixture on each muffin half; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Place on a baking sheet. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Open-Faced Seafood Sandwiches
Sort By :
"I used all crab and forgot to buy the olives, but the melts still turned out well. It's a recipe that helps get a meal on the table quickly."
"These are really good! I had all of the ingredients on hand except for Dijon mustard, so I substituted honey mustard. My husband used up the leftover seafood filling the next day by toasting the English muffin halves, buttering them, spreading the filling over them and microwaving just long enough to get the cheese all nice and melty."