Open-Faced Salmon Sandwiches
I keep several cans of salmon in my pantry at all times so I never have to worry about drop-in guests. This recipe is so tasty and quick...and it doubles easily for company. —Katnee Cabeceiras, So. Prairie, Washington
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, lightly beaten
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 small green pepper, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
- 2 English muffins, split and toasted
- Lettuce leaves and tomato slices, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Fold in salmon.
- Shape into four patties.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook patties
- over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until lightly
- browned. Serve on English muffin halves with lettuce and tomato if
- desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 sandwich equals 270 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 99 mg cholesterol, 757 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber,