Open-Faced Salmon Sandwiches Recipe
I keep several cans of salmon in my pantry at all times so I never have to worry about drop-in guests. This recipe is so tasty and quick...and it doubles easily for company. —Katnee Cabeceiras, So. Prairie, Washington
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 small green pepper, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
- 2 English muffins, split and toasted
- Lettuce leaves and tomato slices, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Fold in salmon. Shape into four patties.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook patties over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Serve on English muffin halves with lettuce and tomato if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 sandwich equals 270 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 99 mg cholesterol, 757 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 26 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC