Open-Faced Salmon Sandwiches Recipe
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 small green pepper, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
- 2 English muffins, split and toasted
- Lettuce leaves and tomato slices, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Fold in salmon. Shape into four patties.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook patties over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Serve on English muffin halves with lettuce and tomato if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Open-Faced Salmon Sandwiches(6)
Sort By :
I used canned tuna fish instead of salmon, still very good!
I rate it 5 stars for taste. I actually turned these into a supper dish, adding a vegetable (Iused fresh green beans) and potatoes and a salad. This is also a less costly way to get the benefits of salmon's omega-3.
This was delicious! I served on whole wheat English muffins (toasted); served with cole slaw and Mandarin orange slices! Quick and nutritious!
I would definitely make this recipe again, only NOT when my third son is home as he is deathly allergic to seafood. I do like this recipe though, and it's one the rest of my family will make as many times as we can.
They look delicious, could you serve on plain Hamburger bun as sandwich or does it have to be Eng. muffin to taste right. I have some buns but not muffins and would use the buns before going to store if they would be just as good. Thanks
More Recipe Collections
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Sandwich Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Fish Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Sandwich Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Sandwiches >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Salmon Dinner Recipes >