I keep several cans of salmon in my pantry at all times so I never have to worry about drop-in guests. This recipe is so tasty and quick...and it doubles easily for company. —Katnee Cabeceiras, So. Prairie, Washington
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 small green pepper, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
- 2 English muffins, split and toasted
- Lettuce leaves and tomato slices, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Fold in salmon. Shape into four patties.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook patties over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Serve on English muffin halves with lettuce and tomato if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Open-Faced Salmon Sandwiches in Light & Tasty February/March 2008, p19
Reviews for Open-Faced Salmon Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review