Open-Faced Roast Beef Sandwiches
Arugula brings the zing in this recipe for eight "half" sandwiches. I serve four people because most who taste them want another. — Mary Price, Youngstown, Ohio
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 pound sliced deli roast beef
- 8 slices ciabatta bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 2 cups fresh arugula
- 2 cups torn romaine
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- Place roast beef on ciabatta slices. In a large bowl, combine arugula
- and romaine. In a small bowl, whisk remaining ingredients until
- blended. Drizzle over greens; toss to coat. Arrange over beef; serve
- immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 open-faced sandwich equals 150 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 422 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 14 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 starch, 1/2 fat.