Anyone who likes the distinctive taste of reuben sandwiches is sure to love these. Using coleslaw mix speeds up the preparation.—Mary Ann Dell, Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2-1/2 cups coleslaw mix
- 8 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise, divided
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 8 slices rye bread, lightly toasted
- 16 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 pound thinly sliced deli corned beef
- In a large bowl, combine the coleslaw mix, onions, 1/4 cup
- mayonnaise, vinegar, salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate until
- Meanwhile, combine mustard and remaining mayonnaise. Spread over one
- side of each slice of toast; top with a cheese slice, corned beef
- and another cheese slice. Place on foil-lined baking sheets.
- Bake at 450° for 5-6 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top each
- with 1/4 cup coleslaw. Yield: 8 servings.