Open-Faced Portobello Sandwiches Recipe
"This is a great meatless meal that doesn't leave you feeling deprived," writes R.O. Smith from Bountiful, Utah. This warm, chewy sandwich boasts a meaty, earthy flavor.
- 4 teaspoons prepared pesto
- 2 slices Italian bread (3/4 inch thick), toasted
- 3 oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, cut into strips
- 2 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese (3/4 ounce each)
- 2 large portobello mushrooms, stems removed
- Spread pesto on toast; top with tomatoes and cheese. Place mushrooms on a microwave-safe plate; cover with a paper towel. Microwave on high for 1 minute or until tender.
- Cut mushrooms into 1/2-in. slices; place on cheese. Cook sandwiches on high for 15-20 seconds or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Open-Faced Portobello Sandwiches in Cooking for 2 Summer 2008, p10
Reviews for Open-Faced Portobello Sandwiches(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Sandwich Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Sandwiches >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Mushroom Sandwiches >
- Mushroom Vegetarian Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Recipes >
- Quick Vegetarian Recipes >
- Sandwich Recipes For Two >
- Sandwiches >