Open-Faced Pizza Sandwiches Recipe
This tasty pizza is a hit with my grandchildren. What could be easier for Saturday lunch? It took me longer to write the recipe down than it does to fix it! —Dorothy Eriksen, Salem, Oregon
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 15 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 6 slices white bread
- 1 can (15 ounces) chili, warmed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3/4 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1. Butter bread on both sides. On a greased griddle, toast bread on one side until lightly browned. Turn; spoon about 1/4 cup chili on each slice. Sprinkle with garlic salt.
- 2. Top each with 2 tablespoons pizza sauce and about 2 tablespoons cheese. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Cook until bottom is golden brown and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
1 pizza sandwich equals 293 calories, 17 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 946 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 15 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC