- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 6 slices white bread
- 1 can (15 ounces) chili, warmed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3/4 cup Ragú® Homemade Style Pizza Sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Butter bread on both sides. On a greased griddle, toast bread on one side until lightly browned. Turn; spoon about 1/4 cup chili on each slice. Sprinkle with garlic salt.
- Top each with 2 tablespoons pizza sauce and about 2 tablespoons cheese. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Cook until bottom is golden brown and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Open-Faced Pizza Sandwiches in Simple & Delicious January/February 2009, p28
Reviews for Open-Faced Pizza Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review