Open-Faced Omelet Recipe
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 cup frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2-1/2 cups egg substitute
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1. In a 9-in. or 10-in. skillet coated with cooking spray, saute the broccoli, red pepper and onions until crisp-tender. Add ham and hash browns. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 2. In a bowl, whisk the egg substitute and pepper. Pour over vegetable mixture (mixture should set immediately at edges).
- 3. As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When the eggs are set; remove from the heat.
- 4. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and let stand for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cut into wedges. Yield: 6 servings.
1 piece: 151 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 722mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 20g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 0 starch, 2 lean meat.
Reviews for Open-Faced Omelet
"I prepared this dish this morning and it was an instant hit. I had all the ingredients except the broccoli so I left it out. I downsized the recipe slightly for just my husband and myself. It is quick and easy and delicious. I will definitely prepare this again. Here is the link to my review and photos:http://community.tasteofhome.com/community_forums/f/30/p/888529/7680844.aspx#7680844"
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.