Open-Faced Mushroom Crostini
1 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces small fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch white pepper
- 1 slice multigrain bread
- 1 slice Jarlsberg cheese
- In a nonstick skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add a
- single layer of mushrooms and cook, without stirring, for about 5
- minutes or until mushrooms become red-brown on one side. Add salt
- and pepper, flip and cook 5 minutes longer, until other side is
- Remove mushrooms from pan and pour out any remaining liquid. Put
- bread in pan and warm both sides. With bread in pan, top slice with
- cheese and mushrooms; heat through. Yield: 1 serving.