Open-Faced Mozzarella Sandwiches Recipe
These zesty sandwiches are a family favorite at our house. They have a distinctly Italian flavor, plus a fresh-from-the-garden taste that can't be beat.
- 1 cup seeded chopped plum tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon thinly sliced green onion
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil or 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 4 slices Italian bread (3/4 inch thick)
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Drain 2 teaspoons liquid from the tomato mixture; brush onto one side of each slice of bread.
- 2. Broil 5 in. from the heat until crisp, about 1-2 minutes. Spoon 1/4 cup tomato mixture on each pieces of bread; sprinkle with cheese. Broil 1-2 minutes longer or until bubbly. Yield: 2 servings.
2 each: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Open-Faced Mozzarella Sandwiches
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC