Open-Faced Hamburgers Recipe
This kid-friendly recipe is one of my favorites. A Swedish co-worker passed it on to me when we worked together in Iowa.
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 3 hamburger buns, split
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cheese, green pepper, milk, mustard and salt. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well; shape into six patties.
- 2. Spread cut sides of buns with butter; top each with a patty. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 14-17 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 274 calories, 15 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 755 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 21 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC