- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 3 hamburger buns, split
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- In a large bowl, combine the cheese, green pepper, milk, mustard and salt. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well; shape into six patties.
- Spread cut sides of buns with butter; top each with a patty. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 14-17 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Open-Faced Hamburgers in Country Extra July 2007, p51
Reviews for Open-Faced Hamburgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 23, 2010
"Very quick and yummy, I added diced onion, and replaced the milk with A1 steak sauce. And I added garlic salt to the tops of the buttered buns. My family likes a lot of spicy flavor, and they all loved it!"