Open-Faced Ham and Apple Melts
As a homework snack or light lunch, these yummy melts mix sweet apple crunch, hearty ham and tangy Dijon flavor wonderfully! —Sally Maloney, Dallas, Georgia
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 whole wheat English muffins, split
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 slices deli ham
- 1/2 medium apple, thinly sliced
- 2 slices reduced-fat Swiss cheese, halved
- Place English muffin halves cut side up on a baking sheet. Broil 4-6
- in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Spread with mustard. Top with ham, apple slices and cheese. Broil 3-4
- minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 muffin half equals 130 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 429 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 10 g protein.