Open-Faced Ham and Apple Melts Recipe
- 2 whole wheat English muffins, split
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 slices deli ham
- 1/2 medium apple, thinly sliced
- 2 slices reduced-fat Swiss cheese, halved
- 1. Place English muffin halves cut side up on a baking sheet. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
- 2. Spread with mustard. Top with ham, apple slices and cheese. Broil 3-4 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1 muffin half equals 130 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 429 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 10 g protein.
Reviews for Open-Faced Ham and Apple Melts
"The tastes did NOT go together! It wasn't good. I made it and ate it, but didn't enjoy it. My kids didn't like it and didn't eat it, I had to eat theirs for lunch the next day....sorry but this was a fail... :( Will not make it again."