Open-Faced Ham and Apple Melts Recipe
As a homework snack or light lunch, these yummy melts mix sweet apple crunch, hearty ham and tangy Dijon flavor wonderfully! —Sally Maloney, Dallas, Georgia
- 2 whole wheat English muffins, split
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 slices deli ham
- 1/2 medium apple, thinly sliced
- 2 slices reduced-fat Swiss cheese, halved
- Place English muffin halves cut side up on a baking sheet. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Spread with mustard. Top with ham, apple slices and cheese. Broil 3-4 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Open-Faced Ham and Apple Melts in Healthy Cooking August/September 2011, p42
Reviews for Open-Faced Ham and Apple Melts(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 13, 2011
The tastes did NOT go together! It wasn't good. I made it and ate it, but didn't enjoy it. My kids didn't like it and didn't eat it, I had to eat theirs for lunch the next day....sorry but this was a fail... :( Will not make it again.
More Recipe Collections
- Healthy Cooking Sandwich Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Sandwiches >