As a homework snack or light lunch, these yummy melts mix sweet apple crunch, hearty ham and tangy Dijon flavor wonderfully! —Sally Maloney, Dallas, Georgia
Recommended: 50 Secret Recipes for Classic Diner Foods
- 2 whole wheat English muffins, split
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 slices deli ham
- 1/2 medium apple, thinly sliced
- 2 slices reduced-fat Swiss cheese, halved
- Place English muffin halves cut side up on a baking sheet. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Spread with mustard. Top with ham, apple slices and cheese. Broil 3-4 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Open-Faced Ham and Apple Melts in Healthy Cooking August/September 2011, p42
Reviews for Open-Faced Ham and Apple Melts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 13, 2011
"The tastes did NOT go together! It wasn't good. I made it and ate it, but didn't enjoy it. My kids didn't like it and didn't eat it, I had to eat theirs for lunch the next day....sorry but this was a fail... :( Will not make it again."