Open-Faced Grilled Salmon Sandwiches Recipe
- 4 salmon fillets (1 inch thick and 5 ounces each), skin removed
- 3/4 cup mesquite marinade
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 slices sourdough bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 1/4 cup tartar sauce
- 4 iceberg lettuce leaves
- 4 lemon wedges, optional
- Place fillets in an 8-in.-square dish. Pour marinade over fillets; turn fish to coat. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Drain salmon, discarding marinade. Sprinkle salmon with pepper.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Grill salmon, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 4-6 minutes on each side or until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork.
- Grill bread, covered, over medium heat 1-2 minutes on each side or until lightly toasted. Spread with tartar sauce; top with lettuce and salmon. If desired, serve with lemon wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Open-Faced Grilled Salmon Sandwiches in Taste of Home June/July 2014
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Open-Faced Grilled Salmon Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Fish Recipes >
- Grilled Fish >
- Grilled Salmon >
- Grilled Salmon Recipes >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Salmon Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Seafood Recipes >
- Salmon Dinners >
- Salmon Fillet Recipes >
- Salmon Recipes >
- Sandwiches >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Dinner Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Grilling Recipes >