Open-Faced Egg Sandwiches Recipe
- 4 large egg whites
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 2 slices whole wheat bread, toasted
- 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Heat a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Whisk the egg whites, eggs and cheese; add to skillet. Cook and stir until set.
- 2. Spread butter over toasts; top with egg mixture. Sprinkle with rosemary and pepper. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
1 sandwich: 231 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 226mg cholesterol, 416mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 19g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 fat