Open-Faced Crab Salad Sandwiches
Everyone loved the crab salad my mother-in-law contributed to a family gathering, so I reduced the fat in her recipe for this version. Serve it hot or cold or as a spread for crackers. —Lanie Kappe of Santa Ana, California
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) imitation crabmeat, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 loaf (8 ounces) unsliced French bread, halved lengthwise
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, salt and pepper. Stir in the
- crab, cheese, red pepper, onions and celery. Spoon over bread
- Place on a baking sheet. Broil 5 in. from the heat for 7-8 minutes or
- until lightly browned. Cut into 3-in. pieces. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 236 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 420 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 13 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat, 1 lean meat.