Open-Faced Crab Salad Sandwiches Recipe
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) imitation crabmeat, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 loaf (8 ounces) unsliced French bread, halved lengthwise
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, salt and pepper. Stir in the crab, cheese, red pepper, onions and celery. Spoon over bread halves.
- 2. Place on a baking sheet. Broil 5 in. from the heat for 7-8 minutes or until lightly browned. Cut into 3-in. pieces. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 236 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 420mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 13g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 fat.
Reviews for Open-Faced Crab Salad Sandwiches
"This is delicious, and very easy,I have made it several times. Sometimes we will have it as a seafood salad. It is a favorite at our house."