Everyone loved the crab salad my mother-in-law contributed to a family gathering, so I reduced the fat in her recipe for this version. Serve it hot or cold or as a spread for crackers. —Lanie Kappe of Santa Ana, California
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) imitation crabmeat, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 loaf (8 ounces) unsliced French bread, halved lengthwise
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, salt and pepper. Stir in the crab, cheese, red pepper, onions and celery. Spoon over bread halves.
- Place on a baking sheet. Broil 5 in. from the heat for 7-8 minutes or until lightly browned. Cut into 3-in. pieces. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Open-Faced Crab Salad Sandwiches in Light & Tasty April/May 2005, p37
Reviews for Open-Faced Crab Salad Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review