Everyone loved the crab salad my mother-in-law contributed to a family gathering, so I reduced the fat in her recipe for this version. Serve it hot or cold or as a spread for crackers. —Lanie Kappe of Santa Ana, California
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) imitation crabmeat, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 loaf (8 ounces) unsliced French bread, halved lengthwise
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, salt and pepper. Stir in the crab, cheese, red pepper, onions and celery. Spoon over bread halves.
- Place on a baking sheet. Broil 5 in. from the heat for 7-8 minutes or until lightly browned. Cut into 3-in. pieces. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Open-Faced Crab Salad Sandwiches in Light & Tasty April/May 2005, p37
Reviews for Open-Faced Crab Salad Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 19, 2014
"This is delicious, and very easy,I have made it several times. Sometimes we will have it as a seafood salad. It is a favorite at our house."