Open-Faced Crab Melts Recipe
- 4 English muffins, split
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Broil English muffins 4-6 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice, pepper and tarragon; stir in crab. Spread over each muffin half; sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Broil for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 411 calories, 24 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 676 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.