Open-Faced Crab Melts
"Over the years, I've seen these versatile sandwiches please guests at occasions from fancy teas to last-minute suppers," writes Florence McClelland, Fredonia, New York. "To serve them as appetizers, I add some chili sauce and a little prepared horseradish to the crab mixture," she notes.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 4 English muffins, split
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Broil English muffins 4-6 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until
- golden brown.
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice, pepper and
- tarragon; stir in crab. Spread over each muffin half; sprinkle with
- cheddar cheese. Broil for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 411 calories, 24 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 676 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.