"Over the years, I've seen these versatile sandwiches please guests at occasions from fancy teas to last-minute suppers," writes Florence McClelland, Fredonia, New York. "To serve them as appetizers, I add some chili sauce and a little prepared horseradish to the crab mixture," she notes.
- 4 English muffins, split
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Broil English muffins 4-6 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice, pepper and tarragon; stir in crab. Spread over each muffin half; sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Broil for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Open-Faced Crab Melts in Quick Cooking March/April 2004, p11
Reviews for Open-Faced Crab Melts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review