Open-Faced Chicken Sandwiches Recipe
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced
- 1 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 slices French bread (1 inch thick)
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, grilled and sliced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Cut bread into eight 1-in. slices and toast slices. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute mushrooms and onion for 15-20 minutes or until onion is tender and golden brown; set aside.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, blue cheese and pepper. Spread blue cheese mixture over each bread slice. Top with chicken, mushroom mixture and mozzarella cheese.
- 3. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 276 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 618mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 3g fiber), 27g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Open-Faced Chicken Sandwiches
"We loved this. We will definitely make this again."
"I also added bacon bits to the onions and mushrooms - very yummy!!"