These uniquely flavored chicken sandwiches, with their sweet-tangy-tart combo of ingredients, are absolutely delectable. “Enjoy this recipe as it is or, even better, use a panini press and fix it as a normal sandwich—it works fabulously.” —Christina Falco Covington, Louisiana
Recommended: 36 Ways to Love Toast
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 3 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Creole mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 slices sourdough bread
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- 3/4 cup sugar-free apricot preserves
- 6 slices Brie cheese (1/2 ounce each)
- In a large bowl, gently combine the first 10 ingredients. Place bread slices on a baking sheet; spritz with butter-flavored cooking spray. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Spread preserves over untoasted sides of bread slices. Top each with 2/3 cup chicken salad and a slice of cheese. Broil 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Open-Faced Chicken Salad Sandwiches in Healthy Cooking August/September 2010, p50
Reviews for Open-Faced Chicken Salad Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review