Open-Faced Chicken Benedict Recipe
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 slices Canadian bacon
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 English muffins, split and toasted
- 1. Pound chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour, paprika, salt and pepper. Add chicken, one piece at a time, and shake to coat.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil until browned and juices run clear. Transfer to a platter and keep warm. Brown bacon in the same skillet, turning once; remove and keep warm.
- 3. For sauce, combine sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, mustard and pepper in a small saucepan. Cook, stirring constantly, until heated through; hold over low heat (do not boil).
- 4. Place English muffin halves on a baking sheet. Top each with a slice of bacon, one chicken breast half and 2 tablespoons sauce. Broil until bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 485 calories, 28 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 96 mg cholesterol, 861 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 33 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.