Open-Faced Chicken Avocado Burgers Recipe
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado, peeled
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 4 green onions, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 4 slices
- 4 slices Italian bread (3/4 inch thick)
- 2 cups fresh arugula or baby spinach
- 8 slices tomato
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a blender, combine the first eight ingredients; cover and process until smooth. Chill until serving. For burgers, in a small bowl, combine the Parmesan cheese, pesto, garlic and salt. Crumble chicken over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook burgers in 2 tablespoons oil for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear. Top with cheese; cover and cook 1 minute longer.
- Meanwhile, brush bread with remaining oil; place on a baking sheet. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until toasted.
- Spread each slice of toast with 2 tablespoons avocado spread (refrigerate remaining spread for another use). Top with arugula, a burger and sliced tomato. Sprinkle with basil and pepper. Yield: 4 servings plus 1/4 cup leftover spread.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Open-Faced Chicken Avocado Burgers(14)
Sort By :
I always read reviews but have never entered my own but after having these tonight I had to let you know that these were INCREDIBLE! They made a permanent spot in the cook book!
My whole family loved this!!! The only thing I did different was I used fat free mayo and sour cream plus I omitted the salt. Will be making this again and again!!
This recipe is great! All I had was ground pork, and they turned out wonderfully! I love the avocado sauce and used the leftovers for sandwiches and even as a holandaise sauce substitute on an open faced egg sandwich...soo yummy!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Burger Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Sandwiches >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Italian Chicken Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Sandwiches >
- Spinach Recipes >