- In a blender, combine the first eight ingredients; cover and process
- until smooth. Chill until serving. For burgers, in a small bowl,
- combine the Parmesan cheese, pesto, garlic and salt. Crumble chicken
- over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook burgers in 2 tablespoons
- oil for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads
- 165° and juices run clear. Top with cheese; cover and cook 1
- minute longer.
- Meanwhile, brush bread with remaining oil; place on a baking sheet.
- Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until
- Spread each slice of toast with 2 tablespoons avocado spread
- (refrigerate remaining spread for another use). Top with arugula, a
- burger and sliced tomato. Sprinkle with basil and pepper. Yield: 4
- servings plus 1/4 cup leftover spread.
Nutritional Facts: 1 burger equals 723 calories, 55 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 136 mg cholesterol, 849 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 35 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.