Open-Faced Chicken Avocado Burgers for Two Recipe
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 medium ripe avocado, peeled
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 green onions, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon prepared pesto
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces ground chicken
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 2 slices
- 2 slices Italian bread (3/4 inch thick)
- 1 cup fresh arugula or baby spinach
- 4 slices tomato
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a blender, combine the first eight ingredients; cover and process until smooth. Chill until serving. For burgers, in a small bowl, combine the Parmesan cheese, pesto, garlic and salt. Crumble chicken over mixture and mix well. Shape into two patties.
- 2. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook burgers in 1 tablespoon oil for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear. Top with cheese; cover and cook 1 minute longer.
- 3. Meanwhile, brush bread with remaining oil; place on a baking sheet. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until toasted.
- 4. Spread each slice of toast with 2 tablespoons avocado spread (refrigerate remaining spread for another use). Top with arugula, a burger and sliced tomato. Sprinkle with basil and pepper. Yield: 2 servings.
1 burger equals 724 calories, 55 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 136 mg cholesterol, 849 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 35 g protein.
Reviews for Open-Faced Chicken Avocado Burgers for Two
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.