Open-Faced Cheesesteak Sandwiches Recipe
- 1 French roll, split
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup julienned green pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1/3 pound sliced deli roast beef
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 4 slices pepper Jack cheese (3/4 ounce each)
- Spread roll halves with butter; sprinkle with garlic powder. Set aside.
- In a small skillet, saute the green pepper, onion, salt and pepper in 1 tablespoon oil until tender. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute beef and hot sauce in remaining oil until heated through. Spoon onto buns; top with pepper mixture and cheese.
- Place on a baking sheet. Broil 2-3 in. from the heat for 2-4 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Open-Faced Cheesesteak Sandwiches(17)
Sort By :
Look fwd. to making throghout summer, especially with husband's busy schedule. Great alongside dish wuld be a tangy potato salad.
Loved it !!
This was tasty though a bit dry. the next time I attempt this I will probably make more of a cheese sauce.
This really was quick and easy. Great for the nights when I don't feel like cooking.
Easy and just delicious! Substituted red for green pepper, but otherwise followed directions. The garlic powder adds much to this dish.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinners >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >