Open-Faced Cheesesteak Sandwiches Recipe
- 1 French roll, split
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup julienned green pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1/3 pound sliced deli roast beef
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 4 slices pepper jack cheese
- 1. Spread roll halves with butter; sprinkle with garlic powder. Set aside.
- 2. In a small skillet, saute the green pepper, onion, salt and pepper in 1 tablespoon oil until tender. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute beef and hot sauce in remaining oil until heated through. Spoon onto buns; top with pepper mixture and cheese.
- 3. Place on a baking sheet. Broil 2-3 in. from the heat for 2-4 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 485 calories, 33g fat (11g saturated fat), 92mg cholesterol, 1165mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 29g protein.
Reviews for Open-Faced Cheesesteak Sandwiches
"We both really liked this. It is definitely a keeper."
"Look fwd. to making throghout summer, especially with husband's busy schedule. Great alongside dish wuld be a tangy potato salad."
"Loved it !!"
"This was tasty though a bit dry. the next time I attempt this I will probably make more of a cheese sauce."
"easy and just delicious! Substituted red for green pepper, but otherwise followed directions. The garlic powder adds much to this dish."
"Wow, what a simple recipe that tastes great. It is flavorful, moist and fresh tasting with the veggies. I used sliced provolone on top instead of the pepper jack since i had it on hand. I served this for lunch and it rated an 8 or 9. Will make this again, can see potential with boars head buffalo chicken and buffalo sauce as well for a change of pace."
"Made it with ham, cheese and scranbled eggs soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooogood"
"Simple, fast and tastes great."
"I leave out the hot sauce and sometimes substitute swiss slices in place of the pepper jack. I don't always use the green peppers either. Sub red sweet peppers and that's just as good. Either way this is yummy!"
"Verrry Gooood!!! except we use toasted onion rolls and the flavor is outstanding!!"
"This is a fantastic & delicious cheesesteak recipe!!"
"Delicious and easy to make!"