- 1 French roll, split
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup julienned green pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1/3 pound sliced deli roast beef
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 4 slices pepper jack cheese
- Spread roll halves with butter; sprinkle with garlic powder. Set aside.
- In a small skillet, saute the green pepper, onion, salt and pepper in 1 tablespoon oil until tender. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute beef and hot sauce in remaining oil until heated through. Spoon onto buns; top with pepper mixture and cheese.
- Place on a baking sheet. Broil 2-3 in. from the heat for 2-4 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forOpen-Faced Cheesesteak Sandwiches
"We thought this was great! Very quick and easy."
"We both really liked this. It is definitely a keeper."
"Look fwd. to making throghout summer, especially with husband's busy schedule. Great alongside dish wuld be a tangy potato salad."
"Loved it !!"
"This was tasty though a bit dry. the next time I attempt this I will probably make more of a cheese sauce."
"This really was quick and easy. Great for the nights when I don't feel like cooking."
"Easy and just delicious! Substituted red for green pepper, but otherwise followed directions. The garlic powder adds much to this dish."
"Wow, what a simple recipe that tastes great. It is flavorful, moist and fresh tasting with the veggies. I used sliced provolone on top instead of the pepper jack since i had it on hand. I served this for lunch and it rated an 8 or 9. Will make this again, can see potential with boars head buffalo chicken and buffalo sauce as well for a change of pace."
"Loved the recipe and the great idea for dinner. A very simple recipe easy to personalize with substitutions. Great use for leftover roast, and smoked mozzarella and provolone cheeses added a nice smoky flavor."