Open-Faced Beef Sandwiches Recipe
"As a working mom of two daughters, I'm always looking for a quick meal," notes Christine Weimar from New Britain, Pennsylvania. "I make these hearty sandwiches when I'm in a hurry. Serve them with tomato soup, chips and pickles," she suggests.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound thinly sliced deli roast beef
- 1 jar (12 ounces) beef gravy
- 6 slices Italian bread (1 inch thick), toasted
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onion and garlic in butter until tender. Add beef and gravy; cook and stir until heated through. Place bread on an ungreased baking sheet.
- 2. Spread each with horseradish; top with beef mixture and cheese. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC