Open-Faced Beef Sandwiches
"As a working mom of two daughters, I'm always looking for a quick meal," notes Christine Weimar from New Britain, Pennsylvania. "I make these hearty sandwiches when I'm in a hurry. Serve them with tomato soup, chips and pickles," she suggests.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound thinly sliced deli roast beef
- 1 jar (12 ounces) beef gravy
- 6 slices Italian bread (1 inch thick), toasted
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- In a large skillet, saute onion and garlic in butter until tender.
- Add beef and gravy; cook and stir until heated through. Place bread
- on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Spread each with horseradish; top with beef mixture and cheese. Broil
- 4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Yield: 6 servings.