"As a working mom of two daughters, I'm always looking for a quick meal," notes Christine Weimar from New Britain, Pennsylvania. "I make these hearty sandwiches when I'm in a hurry. Serve them with tomato soup, chips and pickles," she suggests.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound thinly sliced deli roast beef
- 1 jar (12 ounces) beef gravy
- 6 slices Italian bread (1 inch thick), toasted
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- In a large skillet, saute onion and garlic in butter until tender. Add beef and gravy; cook and stir until heated through. Place bread on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Spread each with horseradish; top with beef mixture and cheese. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Open-Faced Beef Sandwiches in Quick Cooking January/February 2005, p48
Reviews for Open-Faced Beef Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review