Oozy Green Eyeballs Recipe
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen fully cooked Italian meatballs, thawed
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup mango chutney
- 4 teaspoons jalapeno pepper jelly
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons mango nectar
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- Dash pepper
- 1. Bake meatballs according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the broth, chutney, jelly and vinegar. Cook and stir over medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until blended.
- 2. Combine the cornstarch, mango nectar and water; stir into broth mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- 3. Drain meatballs; transfer to a large bowl or serving dish. Drizzle with sauce and toss gently to coat. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 each: 56 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 138mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, trace fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Oozy Green Eyeballs
"These were fun! We didn't have the jelly or nectar, so we used apricot preserves and finely-chopped jalapenos and several drops of green food coloring. We enhanced each eyeball by piping on ketchup veins and then added an olive slice for the eye. A dot of mustard for the pupil and a toothpick shoved into each eye added the final touch of grotesque! Guests loved them!"
"the sauce was awesome!"