Oozy Green Eyeballs Recipe
Because it calls for frozen prepared meatballs, this unique appetizer takes mere minutes to prepare.—Carole Resnick, Cleveland, Ohio
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:36 servings
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen fully cooked Italian meatballs, thawed
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup mango chutney
- 4 teaspoons jalapeno pepper jelly
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons mango nectar
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- Dash pepper
- 1. Bake meatballs according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the broth, chutney, jelly and vinegar. Cook and stir over medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until blended.
- 2. Combine the cornstarch, mango nectar and water; stir into broth mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- 3. Drain meatballs; transfer to a large bowl or serving dish. Drizzle with sauce and toss gently to coat. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 meatball equals 56 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 138 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC