Oozy Green Eyeballs
Because it calls for frozen prepared meatballs, this unique appetizer takes mere minutes to prepare.—Carole Resnick, Cleveland, Ohio
36 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen fully cooked Italian meatballs, thawed
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup mango chutney
- 4 teaspoons jalapeno pepper jelly
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons mango nectar
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- Dash pepper
- Bake meatballs according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small
- saucepan, combine the broth, chutney, jelly and vinegar. Cook and
- stir over medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until blended.
- Combine the cornstarch, mango nectar and water; stir into broth
- mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until
- Drain meatballs; transfer to a large bowl or serving dish. Drizzle
- with sauce and toss gently to coat. Yield: 3 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 meatball equals 56 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 138 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.