- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen fully cooked Italian meatballs, thawed
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup mango chutney
- 4 teaspoons jalapeno pepper jelly
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons mango nectar
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- Dash pepper
- Bake meatballs according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the broth, chutney, jelly and vinegar. Cook and stir over medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until blended.
- Combine the cornstarch, mango nectar and water; stir into broth mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Drain meatballs; transfer to a large bowl or serving dish. Drizzle with sauce and toss gently to coat. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Oozy Green Eyeballs
Sort By :
"These were fun! We didn't have the jelly or nectar, so we used apricot preserves and finely-chopped jalapenos and several drops of green food coloring. We enhanced each eyeball by piping on ketchup veins and then added an olive slice for the eye. A dot of mustard for the pupil and a toothpick shoved into each eye added the final touch of grotesque! Guests loved them!"
"the sauce was awesome!"