- 3-1/4 to 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 eggs, beaten
- In a small bowl, combine 3-1/4 cups flour and salt. Make a well in the center. Pour eggs into well. Stir together, forming a dough. Turn dough onto a floured surface; knead for 3-4 minutes or until smooth, adding remaining flour if necessary.
- Divide into nine portions; cover and let rest for 15 minutes. Roll each portion into a 12-in. x 5-in. rectangle. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side; cut into 1/4-in.-thick strips. Unroll noodles and allow to dry on kitchen towels for 1 hour before cooking.
- To cook, fill a Dutch oven three-fourths full with water. Bring to a boil. Add noodles; cook for 9-12 minutes or until tender. Drain. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Oodles of Noodles
Sort By :
I really enjoyed making these noodles with my family... We all really loved them :0)
I have made noodles for 34 years and I think my receipe is better, plus I cook noodles in chicken broth for more flavor, not water
This is the same basic recipe I use, but I cook the noodles in chicken broth. My mother added them to her beef vegetable soup,letting them cook in the broth. This was my favorite meal when I was growing up.
My mother used this same recipe when I was a girl. I am 60 yrs old and it is still a favorite in our house hold. Have now taught my granddaughter. Wonderful noodles.
I am on a restricted diet and wondered if egg beaters could be used in this recipe.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Pasta Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >