Onions on the Grill
It's almost hard to believe that such a satisfying side dish can be so easy to make. This recipe calls for just four basic ingredients.—Pattie Ann Forssberg, Logan, Kansas
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 large onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients; toss to coat. Place
- on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Fold
- foil around onion mixture and seal tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 20-25 minutes or until onions
- are tender, turning once. Open foil carefully to allow steam to
- escape. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 51 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 199 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.