Onions Neptune Recipe
- 5 to 6 medium sweet onions, sliced and separated into rings
- 1/2 cup butter, softened, divided
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) lump crabmeat, drained, divided
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 to 16 slices French bread (1/4 inch thick)
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onions in 1/4 cup butter until tender. Remove from the heat; gently stir in half of the crab. Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with remaining crab. Combine the cheese, soup, milk, salt and pepper; spoon over crab.
- 2. Spread remaining butter over one side of each slice of bread; place buttered side up over casserole. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-45 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 12 servings.
1 cup: 415 calories, 19g fat (11g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 873mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 18g protein.
Reviews for Onions Neptune
"I didn't add the crab and served this with roast beef and everyone loved it."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.