Onions Neptune Recipe
I serve this dish as an appetizer and often add whatever ingredients I have handy, such as mushrooms or sun-dried tomatoes. Whether I serve it “as is” or jazz it up, it’s always delicious. —Todd Noon, Galloway, New Jersey
- 5 to 6 medium sweet onions, sliced and separated into rings
- 1/2 cup butter, softened, divided
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) lump crabmeat, drained, divided
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 to 16 slices French bread (1/4 inch thick)
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onions in 1/4 cup butter until tender. Remove from the heat; gently stir in half of the crab. Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with remaining crab. Combine the cheese, soup, milk, salt and pepper; spoon over crab.
- 2. Spread remaining butter over one side of each slice of bread; place buttered side up over casserole. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-45 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 12 servings.
1 cup: 415 calories, 19g fat (11g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 873mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 18g protein.
Reviews for Onions Neptune
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC