Onions and Cream Appetizer
Need a deliciously different snack for a holiday gathering? Joy Collins of Vestavia Hills, Alabama has this tasty suggestion. "I've fixed this recipe countless times, and even those who don't generally care for onions like them in this sweet creamy blend," she says.
24 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 10 min. + chilling
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 6 cups sliced sweet onions, separated into rings
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Keebler® Toasteds® Crackers
Bring distinctive taste to holiday parties with Keebler® Toasteds® Crackers.
Learn More >
- In a large saucepan, combine the first four ingredients; bring to a
- boil. Drop onion rings into boiling mixture; cook for 5 minutes.
- Cover and remove from the heat. Let stand for 20-30 minutes or until
- onions are transparent; drain. Cool.
- In a bowl, whisk the mayonnaise until smooth; stir in onions. Cover
- and refrigerate overnight. Serve with crackers. Yield: 3 cups.