Onion Zucchini Bread Recipe
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup finely shredded zucchini
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, onion, 6 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese, baking powder, salt and baking soda. In a small bowl, combine the buttermilk, oil, eggs and zucchini; stir into flour mixture just until blended.
- 2. Spoon into a greased 9-in. round baking pan. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan. Bake at 350° for 40- 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1/8 recipe (prepared with egg substitute equivalent to 2 eggs) equals 281 calories, 9 g fat (0 saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 448 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1-1/2 fat, 1/2 vegetable.