Only two steps and this bread is mixed and ready for the oven! We love the flavor of the onion and Parmesan cheese. Baked in a round pan, it looks nice on the table whole or sliced in wedges.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup finely shredded zucchini
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, onion, 6 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese, baking powder, salt and baking soda. In a small bowl, combine the buttermilk, oil, eggs and zucchini; stir into flour mixture just until blended.
- Spoon into a greased 9-in. round baking pan. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan. Bake at 350° for 40- 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Onion Zucchini Bread in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook 1994, p17
Reviews for Onion Zucchini Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review