Onion Zucchini Bread Recipe
- 3 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup finely shredded zucchini
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, onion, 6 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese, baking powder, salt and baking soda. In a small bowl, combine the buttermilk, oil, eggs and zucchini; stir into flour mixture just until blended.
- Spoon into a greased 9-in. round baking pan. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan. Bake at 350° for 40- 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Onion Zucchini Bread(8)
Sort By :
Delicious fresh and as left overs. My husband who as a rule, dislikes all squashes actually told me that this was good. Later I overheard him trying to convince his father (another squash hater) that it was worth trying. LOL! I made the bread by the recipe and it was fabulous. I think I'll add some crushed rosemary next time I make this.
This is closer to a biscuit than bread. We all loved it. I added 3/4 tsp of Italian seasoning. My son suggested that the leftovers would be delicious with sausage gravy for breakfast.
This bread was wonderful.. nice flavor and texture. Had it warm from the oven... yummm....Will definitely make again!
This was a huge hit tonight! I made it to go with Spinach Soup and it was enjoyed by all! Made it per recipe with a tad extra Cheese just because I only had a small amount left! Will be making it again!
Used cheddar cheese. Was ok. will try again when I have parmesan.