Onion Yorkshire Puddings
"This easy recipe is a cross between traditional Yorksire pudding and popovers that makes a great complement to prime rib. We also like it with beef stew and steak. Make more than you need because everyone loves them."
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1/2 pound yellow onions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large skillet, saute onions, 1/2
- teaspoon salt and pepper in butter until tender but not browned.
- Divide among eight 6-oz. ramekins or custard cups. Place on a baking
- In a large bowl, combine flour and remaining salt. Whisk the eggs,
- water and milk; whisk into flour mixture just until blended. Pour
- 1/4 cup into each ramekin.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Serve
- immediately. Yield: 8 servings.